The ICTW is not an emergency response organization. If there is a chemical release in your area, dial 9-1-1 or contact your area emergency response agency.

American Association of Poison Control Centers
(800) 222-1222
(Staffed 24/7) phone number connects anyone in the US to their local poison center.

ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center
(888) 426-4435
(Staffed 24/7) A fee of $55 may be charged per case. Allied with the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine.

CDC / ATSDR Emergency Response Teams
(770) 488-7100
(Staffed 24/7) Teams of toxicologists, physicians, and other scientists assist during an emergency involving hazardous substances in the environment.

CDC / ATSDR Assessment of Chemical Exposure (ACE) Teams
(770) 488-7100
Teams respond onsite to large-scale hazmat incidents to assess population exposures at request of state/local health depts.

Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Information Resource Center (US Army)
(800) 831-4408
(Staffed 24/7) US Army one-stop, single interface for information regarding CBRN Defense Equipment (1st responders, government employees)

Chemical Transportation Emergency Center (CHEMTREC and MEDTREC)
(800) 424-9300
(Staffed 24/7) public service chemical hotline for emergency responders. Medical advice available (Medtrec). CHEMTREC® is part of the American Chemistry Council.

National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
(770) 488-7100
(Staffed 24/7) CDC assistance to local, state, and federal agencies, and emergency healthcare providers. If concerned about employee / worker exposure ask for NIOSH assistance.

National Response Center
(800) 424-8802
(Staffed 24/7) The National Response Center is the sole federal point of contact for reporting oil and chemical spills. This is also the hotline for chemical & biological WMD incidents.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
1-800-321-OSHA (6742)
To report an EMERGENCY (e.g. to report a work-related fatality or imminent life threatening situation)